Apple and Pear Flower Festival
Apple and Pear Flower Festival is based on the development and opening up of Changchun-Jilin-Tumen, Yanji-Longjing-Tumen integration. The slogan is "Use of flowers as the media, make friends and promote Longjing and Yanbian tour, sightseeing, folk culture exhibition and trade fair."
It is one of biggest festival that held in the spring season and attracts more than 10,000 people including domestic and foreign tourists every year.
Dacheng Middle School
Dacheng Middle School is located in the yard of Longjing Middle School at Mingshen Street in Longjing City. As a museum recorded unique historic data of Korean and Chinese, it shows audience the history of education and anti-Japanese fighting in the end of the 19th century, and the early of 20th century.
Dacheng Middle School was founded in 1921 and has fostered a lot of professional persons. Now, the school attracts a large amount of tourists every year.
The former site for Jiandao Consulate General of Japan
The Government Building of Longjing City People’s Government locates at the former site for Jiandao Consulate General of Japan now.
In 1907, the Japanese imperialists sent policemen to Longjing Village and set the Provisional Police Station of Jiandao. The pretense was "to protect the safety of Japanese Resident in Korea and its property".
In September, 1909, the Japanese imperialists signed "Tumen River Sino-Korean Border Treaty" with Manchu Government. According to the treaty, Japanese invaders revoked the police station and set the Jiandao Japanese Consulate General. The consulate was rebuilt after a fire destroyed at 27 November, 1922. The rebuilt consulate covered around the area 43,000 square meters and the main building covered 2,503 square meters that was completed in 1926.
Jiandao Japanese Consulate General was a base camp and supreme headquarters of Japanese Imperialism. It implemented the aggression in Yanbian, suppressed the revolutionary struggles to fight against imperialism and feudalism people, and plunder the economic resources in Yanbian. With armed polices, spies and agents, and pro-Japan hatchet men, it suppressed the anti-Japanese and patriotic forces and slaughtered anti-Japanese people.
Japanese Consulate General is an ironclad proof to record the aggression of Japanese imperialists into China. Now it becomes the patriotic education base for youths and children.
Korean Folk Village
Korean Folk vollage, is located at Longshan Town in Longjing city, named by Jilin Provincial Government, begin to greet guests since it opened in 1995. The Village enjoys beautiful sceneries, and pure and rich folk cultures. It is 10 Km away from Yanji City and 9 Km away from Longjing City, and sit behind the towering Maoer Mountain and embracing the famous Hailan River.
Under the great support of the Provincial People’s Government and tourism departments, with an investment over 600,000 RMB, a one-stop system of eating, residing, travelling, entertaining and shopping have been set up. They include folk museum, traditional Korean-style residences, civil structural cottages, and expanded pavilions, Hongjian Gate, shops, trapezes, and springboards.
In the village, travelers look at the residences and rooms of the villagers, and the tools used in the past, take a drive on the cattle cart, play on the swing or the springboards. In addition, you may have a chance to appreciate the bustling and exciting Korean customs, such as the celebration for the sixtieth birthday of a Korean old people, the 100-day celebration for new born babies, and the traditional wedding.
At 9 January, 1991, Mr. Jiang Zemin, General Secretary of the CPC Central Committee, inspected the village personally. At 26 august 1995, Mr. Ong Tengcheong, President of Singapore, visited the village and planted "The Friendship Tree" that represented a symbol of better future. At 16 July, 1995, village had succeeded to hold "Yanbian Korean Folk Customs Tour 1995".
In these years, village attacks a total of million foreign tourists by its unique folk customs and unique geographical features. It is a main tourist spot in Longjing city.
Library in Longjing City
To promote "Korean folk culture of the city" and construct the public cultural infrastructure, the government of Longjing City planed a new library project and the construction began in October, 2011.
The new library covers an area of 5,100 square meters and a building area of 3,200 square meters; the reader area of 2200 square meters; The collections of books more than 200,000 sets; 350 seats for readers.
Library provides lending section, newspapers and magazines room, children's reading room, special collections room, electronic reading room, sharing and broadcasting room, family activities room, and study room. Moreover, it includes editing department, education department, information department and network technology department.
Wangjiang Pavilion tourist area is sat on Wufeng Mountain (329.1 meters ASL), which is 1 Km away from Sanhe Town, 55 Km away from Longjing, and is covered the area of around 330 square meters. The slope of mountain is sharply in east direction (30~33 degrees) whenever it is slightly in northeast and southwest direction (8~10 degrees).
At the east of mountain, it is Hoeryong City of North Korea that sits behind Tumen River, which enjoys the fame of "Miniature Hong Kong". At the foot of mountain, it is a national level land port-Sanhe Port. At the north of mountain, it is Jianggou Valley in Qingquan.
The tourist area enjoys regional advantages, impetuous Tumen River winds up at the foot; fiery-red azalea dances gracefully at the mountainside; panoramic view of the appearance of Hoeryong City at the peak. It attracts many tourists and visitors every year.
The Origin of Longjing Place Name (Well Spring)
Situated in Julong Park, with 7,492 square meters scenic spot in south-west location of Longjing city. The characteristics of park are green grasses, antique pavilions, and tranquil stone-paved paths.
The Origin of Longjing Place Name (Well Spring) is juxtaposed with a giant willow that the age is more than 100 years old. The mouth of well is circled with Korean buckets and they are used for drawing water from the well. Beside the well, there is a stele which is carved with "The Origin of Longjing Place Name".
A beautiful tale about the mystic well is related to a kind-hearted Korean girl. She saved the third prince of Dragon King beside the river, who had been transformed into a carp because infringing the laws of god, and put him inside the well. The girl fell in low with the prince but the behavior was opposed by the villagers. She jumped into the wall and reunited with her sweetheart but she had been rescued by a little azure dragon. The local people then named the well as "Dragon Well" in memory of the lovers. In 1986 and 1994, the government rebuilt the stele for teaching the offspring love their country and hometown, and doesn’t forget where is their origin.
Yanbian Song and Dance Troupe
The Korean nationality is famous for their song and dance. Their dance is a fine mixture of lyrical elegance and fluid strength, reflecting typically the character of the Korean people. Their music is also rich in diversity, punctuated with clear yet complex rhythms, and has a flowing melodic structure. It is therefore often used for dance.
Yanbian Song and Dance Troupe is the famous song and dance troupe since 1946. It performs many histrionics in different countries in the world and has near 80 works that has national award. It also has the reputation called "Dance of Town" in Yanbian.
Yisong (One Pine) Pavilion
Yisong (One Pine) Pavilion is a main spot in Piyan Mountain tourist area. His name comes from a towering and ancient pine standing beside the pavilion. Over 60 years ago, there were many kind, uprights and patriotic persons to make anti-Japanese publicity and meeting here. It was rebuilt in 1990, and it is a base for patriotic education now.